Cleaned up the shop. After the last proseal session I left things a bit tossed about and started the day by restoring order to the shop.
I spent some time working out the inboard end rib details for the fuel level sensor, vent line, and access plate. I need to enlarge the rib opening slightly to accommodate the edge of the anti-rotation bracket for the fuel pickup.
The outboard end rib has a couple of tooling holes that need to be covered. The leading edge has a reinforcing plate that takes care of the one, for the other I fabricated a small plate and prosealed it in with some rivets.
For this session I mixed the same quantity with my makeshift balance scale... one cleco, by weight, of part A. I set the balance up for mixes of 1, 2, 3, and 4 clecos of part A. As it turned out 1 cleco worth is plenty of proseal for a full session and will cover 3 ribs. This is a pretty crappy way to mix proseal... it works but it is messy and time consuming. I have a nice grain / gram scale that I need to get a hold of.
I completed the interior ribs along with the outboard end rib. There are twice as many rivets in the outboard ribs but they can be squeezed. I contemplated just bucking them since bucking had gone so well but I just squeezed them; the proseal makes the surface very slick and you need to take extra care when squeezing. Drilling out rivets with wet proseal is to be avoided.
Tomorrow I plan to prepare the right tank for riveting and make a batch of proseal to set the stiffeners, touch up some rivet heads on the last rib where I ran out of proseal, and finish the last rib on the left tank...
The tooling holes in the outboard rib are covered with a small plate that i fabricated and with a stiffener plate at the tip.
|fitting a small plate to seal up the tooling hole along with a backing plate for the tank hard attach point|
|after rivets and proseal|
|level sender, fuel pickup and vent fittings|
|pretty close to finishing this tank up|
|proseal... good to the last drop ;)|
|finished outboard rib|